Sunday, September 2, 2012

Pet Sounds


Prior to the recording of Pet Sounds the Beach Boys had a California flavor. They had a unique sound. Brian Wilson was everything to the band. Brian arranged all the music, wrote and performed it.  Brian was also the producer. The Beach Boys reached the top forty charts twenty two times from 1962 until 1967. Their success did not come from beach music it all came from Brian Wilson. What was inspirational for Brian to write and record Pet Sounds was a group in particularly the Four Freshman. He felt he found love with their harmonies. Phil Spector was also a big inspiration, because he was a legendary producer that Brian watched and liked.

I felt that the instrumentation and arrangement of this album were great. The production quality was amazing you could hear the crisp in the instruments. My favorite parts were the harmonies in the song the Brian Wilson arranged and because of this he inspired the Beatles in their Revolver album. 

I personally don’t particularly listen to that genre but I must say this is one of the best albums I have heard as a whole. The lyrics and the arrangements were amazing. The album only had three hits. They pushed the envelope with the conscious music. 

My industry professional opinion is that, this album was the most best album ever until the Beatles came with Revolver. The Beatles tried their hardest I feel on Revolver. One can hear where Revolver got there ideas from. This is one of the best albums ever period.   

No comments:

Post a Comment